Mudcrack glazes have a soft matte finish that will pull apart during the firing to reveal the underlying clay body. As with all of our Stoneware Glazes, our texture glazes work well on a variety of clay bodies and have a firing range from cone 5 to cone 10.
- Shake vigorously upon opening. Continue to shake and stir to increase fluidity to the consistency of cream.
- For shown chip results, apply directly to bisqueware.
- Apply 2-3 coats. Allow glaze to semi-dry between coats.
- The thicker the application, the more textured the surface will be.
- If the glaze does not crack on the piece before firing, it will not crack after firing.
- Due to the surface texture, we recommend that these glazes only be used on decorative surfaces.
- Mudcrack can be applied over Stoneware Gloss glazes for a slightly flatter texture.
- Mudcrack can be used in combination with other Stoneware glazes to achieve different textures and effects. We recommend testing prior to use.